Our client is a multinational Renewable Energy Firm with offices in Europe and UK. They presently seek a Director Offshore Wind (m/f/d) to join their fast growing team in Germany to deliver support to all of the company’s offshore wind activities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the company’s investments are compliant with economical and technical assumptions
- Support the development process of offshore wind projects
- Establish a frequent and comprehensive communication with the company about all technical aspects of their offshore wind projects and follow up on technical details with the other project shareholders and suppliers
- Liaise with counterparties from the other shareholders, scrutinize technical and project management related decisions, and prepare board meetings
- Take over a role as EPCI Director or Deputy in the project team that is preparing for bid submissions for offshore wind projects. If successful, building a new project organization that will carry the projects from bid award via FID to COD
- Support the selection of suppliers, contractors, and the negotiation of major EPCI contracts
- Ensure the project is maximized in quality and the contracts are minimized in risk
- Ensure detailed installation planning including smooth interfacing of contractors, construction timeline and milestone plan
- Provide an expert’s opinion on technical and engineering issues
- Prepare an operations and maintenance concept, and in the operational phase provide support for the maintenance strategy, spare part management, technical failure evaluation by means of root cause analyses, or human performance improvement tools etc.
- Develop and promote the transfer of engineering knowhow between all offshore wind projects and all regional locations
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent, preferably holding an additional qualification in (offshore) wind energy
- With a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the offshore wind industry and with a background from utility companies, suppliers, project developers, certification body, or similar
- A good command of English language (fluent) is essential
- Excellent communication and verbal skills – knows how to listen, understand and then enhance communication between joint venture partners, project organization, and company’s organization
- Team leader – able to involve a wide variety of company’s personnel, motivate people to respond proactively, and lead by example
- Intercultural competences and experiences are clearly beneficial
- Energetic, active and sociable – able to travel extensively
- Competitive retribution for the appropriate candidate
- A secure career with an international, growing and dynamic company
- Unlimited permanent employment
- Working with a team of technical experts from the offshore industry
How To Apply
Please send your application documents to: Yaw Boateng, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, you can contact Yaw Boateng at +49 40 82217571 or
+49 151 72129948.